Dutch photographer and blogger Kathalijne Van Zutphen has bestowed me with the accolade of ‘Stylish Blogger’ (along with a fine selection of others that I am proud to be rubbing shoulders with) and so I must complete the to-do list.
Before I do, let me just add that Kathalijne is a fellow music lover who has photographed the likes of Coco Rosie, Guy Buttery and Dirty Skirts – follow her blog Swimming Upstream for music, art and more.
It works as follows:
1. Nominees link back to the blogger that nominated them.
2. And then give the award, in turn, to a line up of newly found or loved bloggers of their own.
3. Let the nominated bloggers know about their little accolade.
4. And post 7 things about yourself.
Seven things about moi:
1. I’m a music nut. To the core, all out manic. I can’t and won’t listen to crap music, even if it is just in the background. I can pick up a beat from blocks away and I love passionate (fierce) music debates. Friends and family used to call me The Groupie. Music is my heart.
2. My teeth don’t touch. This makes eating certain things interesting – burgers, pizza, pastries. Probably a good thing.
3. I have a remarkably long tongue.
4. And I have a lisp, courtesy of points 2 and 3.
5. I once lived on a yacht, and I find the sleepy lull of a moving boat and the sounds of water lapping at the hull incredibly relaxing.
6. I can handle my chilli.
7. I have a thing for men with large noses, don’t ask me why.
8. (For luck!) I will work for Vogue.
I’m supposed to nominate FIFTEEN bloggers, but truth be told there are only a handful of local blogs that I actually follow, and I don’t want to break the circle by nominating someone from abroad.
These are my follow favourites:
1. Justine Stafford of ifor1 on the Aficionado blog
Justine writes with both humour and intelligence and I love contributing to her comments section because she is approachable and engaging. She always responds with insight and grace and I always like me a good, healthy debate.
I am a new Wear-oh-Where reader, but I am already impressed by Terri’s useful and bright blog – her cataloguing of all the city’s best buys and places to pop into are helpful and enlightening. She’s also the new owner of a Rah-Rah Room beauty, so she clearly has good taste (by way of Ms Alix-Rose Cowie
, who gave the dress to her as a gift. Birds of a feather!)
Being a long copy writer myself, I am always drawn to bloggers that write article-style posts. Milli writes gutsy, well-worded posts, has distinctive personal style, and she loves Hedi Slimane. And I really don’t need more reason than that.
Kate and I (the two Kates?) both adore vintage and have a penchant for borderline-lelik black velvet 80′s headgear. But the main thing is that Kate’s eyes are always bright (with a touch of mischief) and she has an effervescent personality to boot. She posts things she loves, and that kind of passion is infectious. Why wouldn’t you wanna read her blog?
Diana needs no introduction.